Scarlett Generation 2 is here!
Focusrite Scarlett’s have become the best selling audio interfaces in the world and they have now upgraded the range with the new Scarlett audio interface generation 2 range. So what have they added/improved on?
- A new faster recording speed - 24 bit 192 KHZ -
- Lower latency will mean overall smoother monitoring and much less lag, so no delayed, out of synch monitoring when your recording live instruments or vocals, it does this with an app to manage buffering and improve latency with an app that manages the buffering.
- Linear gain structure meaning more input gain control and the inputs have now been redesigned to better receive hot pick up signals, so no nasty gains (more headroom).
- Analog protection circuitry will protect the Scarlett from power surges such as Phantom Power surges. Power optimisation for laptops so you wont lose power on cheaper laptops and tablets with an app that manages the power that the usb interface uses.
- A New look, a brighter and a stronger aesthetic with more metal components and solid rubber feet for maximum stability.
- New look studio pack design, slicker headphone design to match the new new Scarlett look!
- Focusrite Control gives the user absolute control with an app for managing input and output preferences and lots more (2i2 and 2i4 will not have this)
On top of this the Scarlett will come with a wide range of new Software features and support including - Protools witch will come with extra plug ins for instrumental recording like Eleven lite with is a real life guitar amp emulator. Also 2GB of loop master samples and access to Avid Marketplace to expand your range of plugins.
The new Scarlett Gen 2 range will be accessible for the beginner and professional alike, offering an incredible amount of workflow and safety features plus an overall better functionality.
New features summary
- 24 bit 192 kHz
- Low latency 2.74ms
- more even gain structure
- instrument input redesigned for hot pickups
- Analogue protection circuitry to stop power surges
- New metal gain controls
- Sleeker chassis
- Focusrite Control – for 6i6 and higher
- Redesigned headphones and microphones for studio packs
New Software Bundle summary
- Red 2 & 3
- Softube Time and Tone
- Ableton Live
- Pro Tools First | First Focusrite Creative pack includes Pro Tools First software and the following 12 free plug-ins : Eleven Lite / In-Tune digital tuner / Black Op Distortion / Flanger / Vibe Phaser / Roto Speaker / Tape Echo / Studio Reverb / Gray Compressor / Sc-Fi Ring Modulator / Vari-Fi speed shifter / Graphic EQ
- Bass Station
- 2GB loopmasters sounds and samples